Monday, September 10, 2012

Favorite Classroom Phrases

Lol! After reflecting on some things that I say in the classroom I might come across as kinda mean. But hey, it builds character. 

  1. "Failure to prepare, is preparation for failure"
  2. "Man up"
  3. "Circle, box, star, underline, highlight your final answer"
  4. "SHOW YOUR WORK"
  5. "Label your units"
  6. "I understand what you're saying, but then I don't understand what you're saying"
  7. "It's gonna be okay"
  8. "That's the lame answer. Give me the REAL answer"
  9. "Does that make sense?"
  10. "Keep hope alive"
  11. "On to the next one"
  12. "Stop being goofy"
  13. "Your shirt's looking crazy right now. Tuck it in."
  14. "Stop acting brand new"

2 comments:

  1. This might be interesting to ask the students to tell me what I often say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said a few of those myself lately!

    Enjoy reading your blog.
    Elizabeth
    www.hodgesherald.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete