Sunday, September 23, 2012
I subscribe to http://www.freetech4teachers.com/ and this week they mentioned stupeflix. Thought I try it out and see if I like it. I do. This is a video of last year's track team. Was easy to make. Took about 10 mins to convert to video format. The site was really easy to use. Buttons were user-friendly. I'm digging it!
Monday, September 10, 2012
Lol! After reflecting on some things that I say in the classroom I might come across as kinda mean. But hey, it builds character.
- "Failure to prepare, is preparation for failure"
- "Man up"
- "Circle, box, star, underline, highlight your final answer"
- "SHOW YOUR WORK"
- "Label your units"
- "I understand what you're saying, but then I don't understand what you're saying"
- "It's gonna be okay"
- "That's the lame answer. Give me the REAL answer"
- "Does that make sense?"
- "Keep hope alive"
- "On to the next one"
- "Stop being goofy"
- "Your shirt's looking crazy right now. Tuck it in."
- "Stop acting brand new"
Monday, September 3, 2012
Great book! It's genius! Full of juicy nuggets of advice. Things I didn't learn until I was in college! This was written by a 5th grader. This can be a great advisory discussion or just something you want to pass on to a group of hormonal middle schoolers. Whatever works.